This cupcake recipe was taken from BHG.com and modified slightly to add just a bit better bourbon flavor. This recipe is time consuming but it is so worth this. These cupcakes are simply awesome.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 3 egg
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325°
- line thirty-two to thirty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a 2-cup glass measuring cup combine the water and bourbon. Set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave unsweetened chocolate and bittersweet chocolate, uncovered until melted and smooth, 30 seconds at a time. Cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed until combined and scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and bourbon mixture to chocolate mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out batter in cups.
- Bake about 18 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean (tops of cupcakes may sink slightly).
- Cool the cupcakes in muffin cups on wire racks for 5 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Place Fudge Frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a star tip; pipe a border around edges of cupcakes.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon Salted Caramel into center of each cupcake.
- Sprinkle caramel lightly with sea salt.
Makes 32 to 34 (2-1/2-inch) cupcakes.
- 6oz bittersweet chocolate
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large saucepan cook and stir chocolate and butter over low heat until melted. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined.
- 30 vanilla caramels
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a small saucepan combine whipping cream and bourbon. Heat over medium-low heat until steaming but not boiling.
- Stir in caramels and sea salt. Heat until melted, stirring constantly.
Share & Print
100 0 100 2