This recipe came from Martha Stewart. They are fairly easy to make and turn our pretty good. The recipe makes 22 cupcakes. next time i make these, i am going to try and increase the yield by 2 cupcakes to get an even 24 per batch.
|all-purpose flour||1 cup|
|unsweetened cocoa powder||1/2 cup|
|baking soda||3/4 tsp|
|baking powder||1/2 tsp|
|unsalted butter||2 tbsp|
|vanilla extract||1/2 tsp|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with 22 paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add eggs, melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla and 1/2 cup hot water; whisk until smooth.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each muffin tin and press a cookie firmly into each cup until batter comes up sides of cookies.
- Divide remaining batter evenly among cups.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, until cupcakes are puffed and set, 15 to 17 minutes.
- let cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Put the buttercream in a large piping bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain round tip. Pipe onto cupcakes and put additional cookie or sprinkle cookie crumbs for garnish.
|vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|oreo cookies, curshed||24|
- In the heatproof bowl of an electric mixer, combine egg whites, sugar and salt over a pot of simmering water.
- Whisking constantly, cook until sugar and salt dissolve and mixture is warm to touch (about 160 degrees).
- Using the whisk attachment, beat mixture on low speed and gradually increase to high, beating until mixture is stiff and glossy, about 10 minutes.
- With mixer on low, add butter a few tablespoons at a time
- Whisk in vanilla.
- Using paddle attachment, beat buttercream until air bubbles are gone and mixture is smooth.
- Gently fold in crushed cookies.
- Use immediately.