This recipe came from Martha Stewart. They are fairly easy to make and turn our pretty good. The recipe makes 22 cupcakes. next time i make these, i am going to try and increase the yield by 2 cupcakes to get an even 24 per batch.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 22 oreo cookies
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with 22 paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add eggs, melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla and 1/2 cup hot water; whisk until smooth.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each muffin tin and press a cookie firmly into each cup until batter comes up sides of cookies.
- Divide remaining batter evenly among cups.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through, until cupcakes are puffed and set, 15 to 17 minutes.
- let cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Put the buttercream in a large piping bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain round tip. Pipe onto cupcakes and put additional cookie or sprinkle cookie crumbs for garnish.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 3 sticks butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 24 oreo cookies, curshed
- In the heatproof bowl of an electric mixer, combine egg whites, sugar and salt over a pot of simmering water.
- Whisking constantly, cook until sugar and salt dissolve and mixture is warm to touch (about 160 degrees).
- Using the whisk attachment, beat mixture on low speed and gradually increase to high, beating until mixture is stiff and glossy, about 10 minutes.
- With mixer on low, add butter a few tablespoons at a time
- Whisk in vanilla.
- Using paddle attachment, beat buttercream until air bubbles are gone and mixture is smooth.
- Gently fold in crushed cookies.
- Use immediately.
Share & Print
100 0 100 2