This is a basic simple waffle recipe that is very light and fluffy when cooked. They have a great sweetness to them and very good.
If you would like to make a stuffed savory waffle, cut the sugar in half and omit the vanilla extract. then pour 1/2 cup of the batter in iron, spread around, add whatever you are filling it with and then simply pour another 1/2 cup on top of that. cook till done, about 5 minutes.
|all-purpose flour||1 3/4 cup|
|baking powder||3 tsp|
|milk||1 3/4 cup|
|vegetable oil||1/2 cup|
|vanilla extract||1 tsp|
- in a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients
- in a separate bowl, lightly beat egg yolks, oil, milk, and vanilla extract
- combine egg yolk mixture with dry ingredients, set aside
- beat egg whites to stiff peaks
- fold egg whites into batter
- pour about 1 cup of batter into preheated waffle iron and cook until done, about 5 minutes