|all-purpose flour||250 grams|
|baking powder||1/2 tsp|
|baking soda||1/4 tsp|
|unsalted butter||1 stick|
|greek vanilla yogurt||1/4 cup|
|vanilla extract||2 tsp|
|rainbow sprinkles (not nonpareils)||1/2 cup|
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter in the microwave.
- Whisk in sugar – mixture will be gritty.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 minute.
- Stir in egg, yogurt, milk, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients until no lumps remain. Batter will be thick.
- Slowly stir in sprinkles, but do not over mix because the sprinkles will bleed their color.
- Divide batter among 12 cupcake liners (or 24 mini)
- bake for up to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Bake for 8-9 minutes if making mini cupcakes. Allow to cool.