|sugar, bakers (fine ground)||140 g|
|egg, separated whites/yolks||6|
|cream of tartar||1/4 tsp|
|unsalted butter||50 g (1/2 stick)|
|cream cheese||1 8oz package|
|lemon juice||15 ml|
|cake flour||60 g|
|corn starch||20 g|
|kosher salt||1/4 tsp|
- Using a double boiler, melt cream cheese, butter and milk
- fold in flour, corn starch, salt, egg yolk and lemon juice. mix well
- Make the meringue by whisking egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. You can beat with a stand
mixer or handheld mixer. Add in the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Take 1/3 meringue and fold into the cheese mixture, then fold in another 1/3 of meringue. After
incorporated, pour the batter back to the remaining 1/3 meringue and fold. FOLD GENTLY. Pour the
mixture into a 8-inch round cake pan (lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of the pan with
grease-proof baking paper or parchment paper).
- Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hours 10 minutes or until set and golden brown at 325°f
- chill before serving
To finish this cake, you can dust with powdered sugar or serve it as is. If you want to get very decorative, you can get a nice stencil and then dust the cake with powdered sugar in any design you like from the stencil.