My picture for these rolls is not the best, but when I make more, I will get a better one and post it.
|butter, salted||45 grams|
|instant yeast||8 grams|
|all purpose flour||560 grams|
|kosher salt||6 grams|
|egg, lightly beaten||1|
- in a small sauce pan, heat honey and milk till contents combined and temperature is at 102°f. If milk is over heated, let cool will the correct temperature in order to not kill the yeast.
- add yeast to milk mixture and let stand for about 10 minutes to ensure yeast is activated
- while yeast is activating, melt the butter in the microwave
- add milk and 1/2 of flour to stand mixer. With dough hook, mix until thoroughly combined and flour mixture is not lumpy
- add salt and butter and continue to mix.
- slowly add flour until dough is combined. This will take most of the flour, but could take less or more depending on the dough
- once dough is made, mix on a medium-low speed for 8 minutes
- kneed dough by hand for about 2 more minutes
- form a ball and place in an olive oiled bowl. cover bowl with plastic wrap and let proof for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size
- once proofed, punch down dough and shape into 24 rolls. These can be shaped in squares or balls, depending on what you want.
- place rolls on sheet pan, cover with plastic wrap and proof for about 40 minutes
- while rolls are completing the second proof, preheat oven to 350°f
- after second proof, bake until rolls are golden brown tops, about 12-15 minutes
- while rolls are hot, using a pastry brush (easiest way i have found) spread salted butter on the top of rolls
- let cool a bit and enjoy!